Lump sentiMETAL moment

with Stef

Last week I began a sentimental journey in our lead up to the Christmas break. I asked all of the Lumpians to tell me about where their relationship with metal began. Dale bravely went first and shared his sentiMETAL story. This week I spoke with Stef and he reflected on what he likes most about metal.

"It's hot, loud and dangerous, I like it. Metal working is about as close to Rock and Roll as you can get without a guitar. Though good, loud music acts as a lubricant that facilitates the cutting, welding and smashing nicely. I found out quickly that if you don't pay attention to what you're doing, it can really hurt. Buildings, bridges, cars, space ships, great things all made from metal. In the beginning what amazed me the most was the strength and versatility of metal, and it still does."

Our Stef, images courtesy of Little Red Photography

Lump Sculpture Studio

Lump Sculpture

Comments

Popular Posts