Lump Nouveau Mirror

Before our very first Little Lump came along I designed what we now call our Lump Nouveau Mirror. When I started this design I wanted something I could hang indoors and out. Something that would be large, decorative and flaunt a distinctive overall pattern. But most of all, I wanted to see something different in the pattern every time I looked at it, this being one of the signs of a good piece of art, according to my sister many years ago. I started by sketching foliage that would make up the guts of the pattern and allow me to make the overall shape. Then I sketched some animals and together the animals and foliage were interwoven, added and taken out until the pattern was completed. The design was pretty unruly until Chris reigned it in with some sizing and a scale template to work to. At our place The Nouveau Mirror takes prize position in the Little Lumps bedroom displayed in glossy Fire Engine Red. But it also looks incredible in Corten Steel with a natural rusted finish. ABC's Gardening Australia Magazine is giving away one of our Corten Steel Nouveau Mirrors this month, pick up April's issue of the magazine to find out how to win one for your very own.

Rolling Stone Landscapes featured the Lump Nouveau Mirror in The Grand Designs Australia Live Exhibition

Lump Nouveau Mirror

Entrance to a period home

Outdoor Mirror

Fire Engine Red

Nouveau Mirror

Corten Steel with a natural rusted finish

Corten Steel Mirror

Comments

Popular Posts